Maintenance & Operations
Campus Crest provides residents with fully-furnished apartments, an opportunity to ensure the creation of healthy spaces for our residents! Our processes are continually improving as we pursue the best practices available:
- Solar Program - Partnership with SolarCity to install solar electric photovoltaic (PV) panels on existing properties in 2012
- Greeley, CO: 629kW PV System, estimated to provide 40-50% of annual energy use
- Flagstaff, AZ: 929kW PV System, estimated to provide 50 to 60% of annual energy use
- Actively investigating 6 additional similar PV installations at Grove locations across the country
- On-Site Recycling - Partnership with local recycling companies to identify opportunities to improve onsite recycling options for residents and to save costs of waste removal.
- Sustainable Giveaways: aligning our purchasing of promotional materials with 'Campus Crest' or 'The Grove' logos, with our sustainability goals including free reusable water bottles and grocery bags for every resident
- Salt Water Pools - provides increased resident comfort and reduce the production and transportation of harmful chemicals, especially liquid chlorine
- Paperless Leasing - Currently, our leasing packets are printed on recycled paper or available online, but we want to do better! A program for 100% paperless leasing is currently under development (2012 initiative)
- Green Cleaning Practices (2012 initiative) - Employee & resident education of best practices and appropriate product selection
- Urban Forest Project (April 2012 Launch) - Our Grove Green Team kicked off a national green initiative in April to plant 'urban forests' at all our properties. Over the next year, we are committed to planting one plant for every resident.